The virtual VCMI launch event, brought to you by Wilton Park in partnership with the United Kingdom as hosts of the 26th UN Climate Change Conference of the Parties (COP26), took place on Thursday, 29th July, 2021.
The event was hosted by Financial Times environment correspondent Pilita Clark, with the opportunity to hear from VCMI Steering Committee Co-Chairs Rachel Kyte and Tariye Gbadegesin. The event included the launch of our Consultation Report, details on how to engage in our global consultation process through to COP26 in November, and a range of expert perspectives across government, business, and civil society.
Among other distinguished participants, speakers included:
- COP 26 President-Designate Alok Sharma
- US Special Presidential Envoy for Climate John Kerry
- United Nations Development Programme Administrator Achim Steiner
- Coordinator of the Association of Peul Women and Autochthonous Peoples of Chad Hindou Oumarou Ibrahim
- Minister for Lands and Natural Resources Ghana Hon. Samuel A. Jinapor, MP
- President and CEO of the World Business Council for Sustainable Development Peter Bakker
- Vice President of Worldwide Sustainability at Amazon Kara Hurst
- Yucatan State, Mexico, Secretary of Urban Development and Environment Sayda Rodríguez Gómez
The event recording will shortly be available in Bahasa, French, Portuguese, and Spanish.